My friend, Joke, came up for this brilliant idea for these holiday cards with mini wreaths (photographed by Lisa Warninger). Aren't they adorable? Here's how to make them:
greens (we used boxwood, oregonia, rosemary, myrtle, seeded eucalyptus)
floral tape (optional)
1. Make a small, round shape by twisting a couple pieces of wire together. Our wreaths are about 1" in diameter.
2. Clip pieces of greens, removing leaves from the bottom inch of the stem.
3. Twist the greens around the wire until it is covered.
4. Keep twisting small pieces of greens around the form, securing them under the other stems as you go. Secure with wire or floral tape if they need extra reinforcement.
5. Clip any stray stems that disfigure the shape of the wreath.
1. Cut a square of card stock (ours are 2" x 3") and punch a small hole in the center, top of the card.
2. Stamp the card with a custom stamp like this or buy one readymade.
3. Attach a mini wreath by tying a piece of twine through the hole.
These little cards will be so cheery hanging in a cubicle, on a fridge, or inspiration board all season!
Photography: Lisa Warninger. Concept and crafting: Tokketok. Floral and styling: Chelsea Fuss. Created for Frolic!
So beautiful, so simple, so elegant and so … green!!
those are ridiculously cute!
So clever & cute! Love this project!!
ah so nice, thanks for sharing 🙂
So clever! Totally in love with these cards 🙂
simplicity triumphs once again on frolic! love this idea and your lovely blog.
Love these! I am so un-crafty but I think I might actually be able to pull these off. They’d be a sweet small gift for my co-workers.
OH, I love these, Chelsea! So inspiring and different – thanks for sharing with us.
Awesome idea. I love it!
suuuuch a good idea.
looooove this! what an adorable idea! i might just have to try this one this year!!!
wow, this is so adorable!
these are so super cute! we’ve got a rosemary bush in the backyard just begging to be made into little wreaths!
What a cute idea! Just Love it.
So cool. Every year I look forward making a spruce wreath for our front door and now I am just itching to have a go at making these too. Thanks for sharing such a great idea.
So cute! They’d make cute holiday napkin rings as well!
I am in love with this idea! So simple and so pretty. And it’s like a gift within a card as the person gets a mini wreath to hang up. I’d add this to a bottle of wine that you’re bringing to a holiday party.
these are so sweet! thanks for sharing 🙂
Stunning presentation. L.O.V.E. this DIY. Thank you and congrats!
WONDERFUL! Good things always happen when the three of you put your heads together!
I love this! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful idea! Happy Holidays!
Such a thrill when the simplest things turn out to be the loveliest!
personally it’s always a delight to receive hand crafted cards, whatever the occasion…and these are green too!
These are so incredible cute! How clever. Really want to try something like this now.
these are really beautiful!
I linked to your tutorial on my blog – thanks for sharing!
so cool but don’t have any wire tho so can you use anything else as an alternative